We all love our home town whether it is a peaceful countryside or busy city.Birgunj is my home town.I was born and brought up here and the memories that I have of this place are unforgettable and beautiful.
Birgunj falls in terai region and is around 6 to 8 hours drive from the capital city, Kathmandu.It is a sub-metropolitan city and also an industrial place.Unlike Kathmandu, the city does not hold much of monuments and landmarks.But there is a pond where temple of Lord Surya was built right in the middle of the pond.Inside the premise also lies a musical fountain (Nepal's first and only musical fountain) which is wonderful to watch.Late King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev and Late Queen Aishwarya Rajya Laxmi Devi had inaugrated both the temple and the fountain several years ago.
Birgunj is also called the Gateway of Nepal as it is commercial part of the counttry.It has an open border to Raxaul,India.People from all over the nation come to this place for shopping.All kinds of goods are available here,mainly sarees for wedding and other Indian items.
Nowadays, I live in Kathmandu for my work and visit my home town anly once a year during Dashain.Last but not the least i forgot to mention about the climate in my home town.The temperature rises upto 42 degrees celsius during summer,rains heavily in monsoon and gets really chilly without sunshine for more than a month.However,I love both the warmth and cold of this place as I belong here.It is so true, home sweet home.
Whenever who read of ur blog then after he/she should be remembered his native place........nice blog ,i was inspire....
ReplyDeleteTech Mentro